SESSION Roundtable Discussions – Lunchtime SessionMay 28, 2019 at 12:45 PM UPPER LOBBY
Join an intimate group to discuss what it takes to create great creative work and address the challenges facing creative professionals working in the communication industry. Start your conference off by making new connections and gaining fresh perspectives from colleagues new and old.
You must be registered to attend May 28 (Day 1) to attend this session.
(Includes a Bagged Lunch)
Roundtable Discussion Topics
- Proving your worth as an in-house designer. How do you ensure you are valued within your organization and treated more as a strategic partner than a service provider? SOLD OUT
- Challenges of designing for the public sector. Whether it’s government, nonprofit or institutional, what strategies have you adopted to achieve success?
- Managing a brand in-house. How do you sustain a fresh, forward-thinking brand as an in-house designer?
- Designer Debates: Designers know best. What role do clients play in your design process? How do you balance client input with designer expertise?
- Designer Debates: The best graphic design is art. Can truly beautiful graphic design be measured for its effectiveness? When does form trump function?
- Effective Communication in the workplace
- UX Methods in Design
- Developing Your Portfolio & Personal Brand