RGD invites nominations for the annual DesignThinker of the Year Award, honouring design-driven business in Canada.
The DesignThinker of the Year title is awarded to Canadian chief executives who have incorporated design and design thinking into their organizations to achieve business objectives and drive innovation. This year we call on Certified RGDs to nominate deserving candidates.
"Design and design thinking are often major contributors to the success of a business or organization, large and small, " says Wendy Millard RGD, Chair RGD's PR Committee. "The DesignThinker of the Year Award is a great opportunity to honour the leaders of Canadian organizations who continue to invest in design, and encourage others to do the same."
If you are a Certified RGD that has worked with, or for, an outstanding business leader who demonstrates a passion for design, design thinking and innovation, nominate them using our online form. Tell us why you believe this person deserves the Award and provide examples showing the organization’s design effectiveness.
The Award-winners will receive their Awards on stage at DesignThinkers 2017 TO (Nov 7-8 at the Sony Centre) and are featured in a video documenting their thoughts on design (see past examples here). The Award-winners’ nominator receives free tickets to DesignThinkers and has the opportunity to present the Award onstage at the event.
Criteria of Evaluation
- Nominees must be leaders who work for companies, organizations or institutions based in Canada
- Nominations must be submitted by Certified RGD Members
- Nominations must be submitted by July 28, 2017
- Quality/Relevance: Client influence on the quality and coherence of submitted work
- Commitment: Sustained commitment to and regular client of design
- Respect: Client respect and confidence in the work of designers
- Strategy: Client use of design to drive innovation
Click HERE to submit a nomination! Deadline for submissions is Friday, July 28 at 11:59pm EST.
Questions? Contact RGD’s Executive Director, Hilary Ashworth, at [email protected].